•   Wednesday, 12 Jun, 2024

Passenger's handbag catches fire due to power bank explosion at TIA

this
Generic placeholder image
  

KATHMANDU, Dec 3: A passenger's handbag caught fire inside the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) due to a power bank explosion.

The incident occurred when the power bank that was in a bag exploded when the passenger was seated in the waiting room with a boarding pass before boarding the plane. Prompt action was taken, and the fire was immediately extinguished.

Pratap Babu Tiwari, director of the TIA, told Republica that the handbag belonged to a passenger traveling to China on an Air China flight and the fire resulted from the explosion of the power bank.

Further details of the incident are yet to be revealed.

 


Source: myRepublica
Comment As:

Comment (0)